Monday, July 6, 2009

Dear, Bobby, Dietrich and Seth

I had the pleasure and honor of riding with you from Somerset Pa to Lititz Pa and I wanted to take some time to thank you all, and share some memories I had from the trip. It was a trip I wont soon forget. Watching you guys muscles up hills as a pack and conquer mountains like they were molehills left me impressed with how strong, cut, jacked and manly you all were. There is no doubt about it you guys have come a long way since San Diego in more ways than just physically.
I would like to share ten things I learned and experienced while riding with you studs.

1. Business Bobby is a great nickname but bobby is more than just business.

2. You gotta stay on the bike.

3. Rejection, humiliation and door slams don't phase you.

4. Ride as a team, share the bobs, break the wind, and wait at the top of the hill for the last guy.

5. 3 items from the dollar menu is all you need when you stop for lunch.

6. One small $1.00 cup from McDonalds full of soda allows four thirsty, dehydrated bikers to drink their full and then some more.

7. Bike tan lines look good.

8. A concrete sidewalk and a camelbak make a prime bed for a nap.

9. When you get off the bike, forget about the bike, dont think about the bike, and dont look at the bike.

10. Enjoy the ride, dont hustle to finish early but just enjoy sitting on the saddle, watching the scenery, smelling the smells, feeling the weather, and breaking the wind for the guy behind you.

It truly was an honor to ride with you guys and I hope I didnt slow you down too much.
But keep on pedaling and I will see you all in Maine.

Sincerely,
Cooper Linde
(part of the tour de four from June 1 - June 5 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment